Monday, July 2, 2007

Back to the Dr again

Well I received a phone call from the Ob today informing me that my cultures from Tuesday had come back positive for the Group"B"Strep bacteria. They told me a percentage of women carry the bacteria always and have no symptoms of it. It can be life threatening to the baby at delivery if not treated with IV antibiotic while in labor so this changes my plan of labor at home as long as possible. Then to top it all off I had some spotting this am, so because of everything they had me come in for another ultrasound to make sure all was ok and found out I have a low lying placenta that is causing the bleeding. They confirmed again that it was definitely a boy and that at my next visit the would recheck the placement of my placenta with an ultrasound. So I guess I just have to take it easy and watch what I lift and my activity levels.

2 comments:

Jen Harrison said...

Your in my prayers.

Unknown said...

tricia please, please take it easy and rest and no picking up anything over 10 pounds. love you MOM