Saturday, October 11, 2008

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Now I feel better


So what if I started doing Saturday confessions? Actually I just need to vent where no one can interrupt me!!


As most of you know I mistakenly decided to join the OSC board(Officers Spouses Club) and my friend Beth and I took on the job as Welcoming/Membership. You wouldn't think it would be that tough of a job and pleasing people would be easy? WRONG! after our last board meeting where I felt like I was in the middle of the "Running with the bulls" I started to question the actions of the organization and those who are running it here. well to top it all off a member of Adams Squadron lost his wife unexpectedly and they have 4 small children. We were trying to pull meals together but with a lot of our guys deployed right now we just don't have that many to supply enough for this family. So I had this great idea!! Why not have the OSC members supply some meals also, so last week I asked the women who sends out all the invites to send a little email to members and if they would like to provide a meal that would be great.


A week later I get a not so nice email from one of the executive board members that the OSC no longing provides a helping hands organization and that to bad for this man who lost his wife and now has to raise 4 children alone but an email shouldn't have been sent out without contacting the President first.


This kinda was the icing on the cake and I sent an email back saying I was done!! Know knowing that our Vice was the one mad about it and asked the person who sent the mail to do it not knowing the whole truth(typical I know) and are now begging us to stay. Our current president stepped down as of this month, if that tells you anything, and we should be getting someone new in to straighten things out. So I guess for now I am going to ignore ignorant people, rise above it and see if the situation improves with the new blood coming in.


If not I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

boy WHAT A GROUP OF LADIES! i'M THANKFUL YOU ARE NOT LIKE THEM. LOVE YOU.MOM

Carrie said...

Hang in there! I know you are stong and I know you will make the right decision for you and your family - they come first! Love you!